MBB Management recently helped plan one the biggest weddings of the year, John Gotti’s! The wedding was actually a scene from the new movie the “Life and Death of John Gotti” starring John Travolta, Kelly Preston and Leo Rossi. Nonetheless it needed to feel and look authentic and that’s where we came in. Of course you want your fabulous big day to play out like a movie so you must plan accordingly to avoid any potential pitfalls along the way. Preparing your own master list of “I Dos” and “I Don’ts” can help you stay focused in the long run. Reflect on the weddings you’ve been to that you liked and also what you promised yourself you would never do. When you feel as though you have a good collection of ideas and inspirations, it’s time to start putting them in order and turning all of these fantasies into realities!
Take a look at these Do’s and Don’ts of Planning a Wedding before you plan your Big Day!
– Plan your day for yourself, not for others
– Consider having wedding and reception at one location, it is much easier for timing
– Try to stay within your allocated budget
– Select and book your DJ 6-12 months in advance
– Be sure to eat on your wedding day, it’s easy to forget or be too excited but you don’t want to run down
– Don’t invite guests you really don’t want to see at your wedding
– Don’t forget to invite your officiant to your reception
– Don’t forget to offer a “vegetarian” option
– Don’t stress out over the little things
– Do not let friends or family talk you in to things you don’t want for your wedding
With a little common sense and some guidance, everybody can have a good time without stressing out. Unfortunately, wedding planning is not an exact science. There is no magical formula, no official rule book, no fairy godmother. And that’s why there’s MBB Management. We are here to help! So while there may not be a wedding planning Bible, we’re hoping that this list of the top 10 do’s and don’ts will help you have a fairytale wedding day.